Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m.
Seattle City Light crews say a vault fire was responsible for a power outage that affected nearly 5,000 customers in the Green Lake area Sunday morning.
Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m. estimated restoration time the utility initially projected.
Most Read Local Stories
- Researchers make surprising discovery while tracking Chinook salmon in Salish Sea, B.C.
- Why is it so hard to find a bathroom in Seattle?
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 18: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Judge denies last-minute effort to block Gov. Jay Inslee's COVID vaccine mandate
- In high-profile Seattle City Council race, Nikkita Oliver and Sara Nelson call for different kinds of change
Calls first started coming in around 9:30 a.m. In all, City Light crews were responding to a total of eight separate incidents totalling about 4,800 customers without power Sunday morning.
The company’s Twitter site was inundated with queries from phones and battery-powered laptops.