Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m.
Seattle City Light crews say a vault fire was responsible for a power outage that affected nearly 5,000 customers in the Green Lake area Sunday morning.
Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m. estimated restoration time the utility initially projected.
Most Read Local Stories
- What Seattleites vow to never wear again
- Amid baby formula shortage, American Academy of Pediatrics shares new guidance. Here's what to know
- Small earthquake recorded near Oso Tuesday morning
- Biden offering additional 8 free COVID-19 tests to public
- Kotek wins Democratic nod in Oregon governor's race
Calls first started coming in around 9:30 a.m. In all, City Light crews were responding to a total of eight separate incidents totalling about 4,800 customers without power Sunday morning.
The company’s Twitter site was inundated with queries from phones and battery-powered laptops.