Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m.
Seattle City Light crews say a vault fire was responsible for a power outage that affected nearly 5,000 customers in the Green Lake area Sunday morning.
Power was restored to most customers by noon, well before the 4 p.m. estimated restoration time the utility initially projected.
Calls first started coming in around 9:30 a.m. In all, City Light crews were responding to a total of eight separate incidents totalling about 4,800 customers without power Sunday morning.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA's population is aging. The trend is most striking in these counties
- Investigation sheds light on tenure of fired director of WA Equity Office
- Hurricane Ridge closes indefinitely after lodge fire WATCH
- WA's first alpine roller coaster opens in Leavenworth WATCH
- Jayapal votes against debt limit deal, only WA member of Congress opposed
The company’s Twitter site was inundated with queries from phones and battery-powered laptops.