Power has now been restored to a wide swath of south Seattle, which was affected by a massive power outage earlier this afternoon that turned off the lights for as many as 28,000 customers.
Seattle Public Schools canceled after-school activities at 14 schools: Mercer, John Muir, Beacon Hill, Cleveland, Maple, Aki Kurose, Kimball, Martin Luther King, Dearborn Park, Franklin, Graham Hill, Hawthorne, Whitworth and Columbia annex.
Because the outage also affected the John Stanford Center, the district extended open enrollment through 12:30 p.m. March 12.
Here’s a link to the city’s outage map, which is being continually updated.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world