UPDATE 11:20 P.M.| Seattle City Light says it restored power to all Beacon Hill customers around 10 p.m. The cause of the outage was not clear, but was “likely wind-related” according to their power outage hotline.
The power went out at about 8:10 p.m. for approximately 2,300 Beacon Hill area customers, according to Seattle City Light. The company estimates it will have the problem fixed by 3 a.m., but doesn’t know exactly what caused the outage.
Power outages affected 6,500 Vashon Island residents and 5,000 Port Orchard residents this evening as well. Puget Sound Energy transmission lines tripped off and then started working again on their own, according to their spokeswoman Dorothy Bracken.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?