Josh Powell's in-laws are traveling to Olympia to discuss changes in how the state handles child protection.
Josh Powell’s in-laws are traveling to Olympia to discuss changes in how the state handles child protection.
Chuck and Judy Cox plan to join Republican Sen. Pam Roach at a news conference Thursday. The Cox family had cared for Powell’s two young boys until he killed the children and himself in a fire earlier this month.
Roach is introducing a measure that would prohibit a child custody award to a murder suspect.
Powell’s wife, Susan, has been missing since 2009 but Utah authorities never publicly labeled her disappearance as a murder. Investigators also never called Powell a suspect.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?