The body of woman who may have died in a hit-and-run accident was found near the city of Lake Stevens Tuesday, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The woman was found dead around 5:15 p.m. near the intersection of South Machias Road and Dubuque Road.
Someone who believes they may have identified the vehicle involved has come forward to detectives who are continuing to investigate what happened. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office has not released the woman’s identity yet.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes