Our apologies for missing a couple weeks in review there as we smooth out the proverbial wrinkles in the new website. Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
1. The state Senate approved a $15 billion transportation package
2. Moneytree leads push to loosen state’s payday-lending law
3. Patients fear medical marijuana may not fare well with new rules
Most Read Local Stories
- Arson suspect arrested in Lake Union fire that damaged about 30 boats
- Crash on West Seattle Bridge kills two 18-year-olds
- Seattle area has highest rate of feelings of anxiety in U.S.
- 1 dead, police officer shot outside Everett grocery store WATCH
- What we know about Ballard shooting: All 3 deputies 'probably returned fire'
4. Should young hockey players be exempt from labor law?
5. Labor law challenged: Freedom Foundation sues SEIU 925
6. Profile: confidence is key for 24-year-old freshman lawmaker
7. Explore: Seattle’s new City Council district map; read about the City Council’s electoral landscape
8. Speaking of the Seattle City Council, we wrote a profile of Kshama Sawant, and she also has a new opponent
9. U.S. Sen. Patty Murray rolls out women’s health bill
10. State House passes two bills to help low-income renters
11. Things Gov. Jay Inslee said Thursday
12. State Sen. Honeyford apologizes for comments on race, crime (Yakima Herald)
13. State Senate Democrat wants lawmakers to vote on climate change