A group of Whatcom County residents has started an effort to recall a state senator currently serving on President Trump’s transition team.
BELLINGHAM — A group of Whatcom County residents has started an effort to recall a state senator currently serving on President Trump’s transition team.
The Bellingham Herald reports that some residents say Sen. Doug Ericksen can’t do his job at home while he’s serving as communications director for the Environmental Protection Agency during the presidential transition. Critics say Ericksen has missed at least 75 percent of the committee meetings he has been scheduled to attend this legislative session.
Michael Shepard filed initial recall paperwork Thursday. A Whatcom County Superior Court judge will determine if the charges meet the criteria for a recall.
Ericksen says his Senate work is getting done and called the recall effort a “frivolous PR stunt.” He says he’s confident the charges will be thrown out.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big snow expected in Cascades — and Seattle may get some, too
- Two sisters clash. One runs Seattle Patriots for Trump
- Seattle Marathon: Road closures, where to park and weather forecast
- WA confirms first pediatric flu death of season as ERs enter 'crisis mode'
- Orange barriers are the new Black Friday accessory at Westlake Park