A new report released Thursday details a dramatic turnaround at the Seattle Police Department, which has been under federal monitoring for five years for its excessive use of force. We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details.
We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details, and to ask what U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent order regarding police reform agreements could mean for Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos live there. So why is Medina asking its residents to pay more in property taxes? VIEW
- Yakama, Lummi tribal leaders call for removal of three lower Columbia River dams
- When is daylight saving time? Do you need to turn clock back in Washington, given the new law? Your questions answered
- Lake City 'touchstone' Maria Banda died in crosswalk that community had long advocated to improve
- Seattle University students, faculty pushing back after Planned Parenthood removed from student health-resources list
Send us your feedback and your nominations for next week’s winner and loser in local politics. Leave a comment on this post, tweet at us (@dbeekman and @Gina_Cole_), email us (email@example.com) or drop us a voicemail at 206-464-8778.