A new report released Thursday details a dramatic turnaround at the Seattle Police Department, which has been under federal monitoring for five years for its excessive use of force. We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details.
We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details, and to ask what U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent order regarding police reform agreements could mean for Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Lawsuit alleges Arlington police 'radically escalated' encounter with distraught girl, 17, before shooting her
Send us your feedback and your nominations for next week’s winner and loser in local politics. Leave a comment on this post, tweet at us (@dbeekman and @Gina_Cole_), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop us a voicemail at 206-464-8778.