A new report released Thursday details a dramatic turnaround at the Seattle Police Department, which has been under federal monitoring for five years for its excessive use of force. We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details.
We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details, and to ask what U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent order regarding police reform agreements could mean for Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Armed man attacking Tacoma's ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting
- State Court of Appeals rules Seattle’s wealth tax is unconstitutional, but gives cities new leeway
- Driver hits 7-year-old on sidewalk, crashes into power pole in Magnolia
- Seattle's weekend of violence stretched police thin, chief says
- Friday earthquakes on a crustal fault show it's not only the 'Big One' we should fear
Send us your feedback and your nominations for next week’s winner and loser in local politics. Leave a comment on this post, tweet at us (@dbeekman and @Gina_Cole_), email us (email@example.com) or drop us a voicemail at 206-464-8778.