A new report released Thursday details a dramatic turnaround at the Seattle Police Department, which has been under federal monitoring for five years for its excessive use of force. We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details.
We sat down with Seattle Times crime reporter Steve Miletich on Thursday to get the details, and to ask what U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent order regarding police reform agreements could mean for Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- I-1639 the most ambitious effort at gun regulation in Washington state’s history
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Washington's top Republican congressional candidates say they don't need a Trump visit
- King County sheriff's officials defend arrest in a light-rail train that was captured on video WATCH
Send us your feedback and your nominations for next week’s winner and loser in local politics. Leave a comment on this post, tweet at us (@dbeekman and @Gina_Cole_), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop us a voicemail at 206-464-8778.