Memorial services are planned in both Redmond and Olympia for Washington state Sen. Andy Hill, the chief GOP budget writer who died last week.
OLYMPIA — Two memorial services are planned for state Sen. Andy Hill, R-Redmond.
Hill, the chief GOP budget writer, died last week after a recurrence of lung cancer.
On Friday, Nov. 11, a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. at St. Jude Catholic Church in Redmond, with a reception immediately after at Microsoft’s Redwest F Café, according to a legislative news release.
On Monday, Nov. 14, state legislators will hold a memorial for Hill at 12:15 p.m. at the Capitol in Olympia. That memorial will be broadcast live by TVW.
Most Read Local Stories
- A tour inside the West Seattle Bridge reveals 'banjo tight' repairs
- 'We are at war': So much for the GOP general election pivot to the middle
- Washington will elect non-Republican as secretary of state for the first time since 1960
- Families of 4 killed in Alaska floatplane crash sue Holland America, alleging cruise company pressures excursion operators
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
Additionally on Monday, the United States and Washington flags will be lowered to half-staff at the state’s agency facilities in Hill’s memory, according to the release.