State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
OLYMPIA — State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
The Everett Herald reports the council voted 3-1 on Monday to appoint the lawmaker.
First elected to the House in 1992, Dunshee replaced former Rep. Ross Hunter as the chamber’s main budget writer this session after Hunter left the Legislature when he was appointed director of the Department of Early Learning in August.
Guy Palumbo and Mark Hintz were also nominated for the council’s fifth seat, vacant after Democrat Dave Somers was elected county executive last year.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary