Phil Fortunato led with 57 percent of the vote in Tuesday's general election results.
State Sen. Phil Fortunato, R-Auburn, was well ahead of Democratic challenger Michelle Rylands Tuesday night in the 31st District Senate race.
Fortunato, a 64-year-old environmental consultant, led with 57 percent of the vote in Tuesday’s general election results.
A former state House member, Fortunato was appointed to fill the Senate seat of Republican Pam Roach, who left the Legislature after winning a seat on the Pierce County Council last year.
The 31st District comprises the southern part of King County and northern Pierce County. It includes the cities of Auburn, Edgewood, Sumner, Bonney Lake, Enumclaw and Carbonado.
Most Read Local Stories
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
Rylands, 49, is a U.S. Army veteran and former King County Sheriff’s Office employee who has been involved for years in the Auburn School District’s PTA.