Renton police are looking for witnesses to an incident on Interstate 405 in which a state trooper’s foot was run over.
Just before 9 a.m. on Monday the trooper stopped a stolen Chrysler for driving alone in the carpool lane, according to Renton police. When the trooper tried to arrest the driver, he drove off, running over the trooper’s foot, police said.
The trooper fired a shot. It failed to strike the vehicle, said State Patrol spokeswoman Trooper Julie Startup. The suspect driver fled north on I-405, exited the freeway in Renton and crashed.
Startup said the trooper was treated at Valley Medical Center in Renton. The 30-year-old trooper has been with the State Patrol for six years.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world