Des Moines police released several photos Friday of a person of interest in the slaying of 19-year-old Jayme Thomas.
Most Read Local Stories
- Police investigate early-morning shooting at Issaquah Costco
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 2: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Missing Maple Valley woman found alive in woods recovering in hospital, parents say
- 6 King County beaches closed because of high bacteria levels
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Police also released photos of two cars they believe were driven by suspects about 30 minutes before the shooting. The images were captured from surveillance video at a Shell station in the 29600 block of Pacific Highway South, Sgt. Bob Bohl said in a statement.
Thomas, a student at Highline Community College, was shot and killed Nov. 5 as she sat in the back of a vehicle in the 800 block of Redondo Way South. A 24-year-old man also was shot, but did not receive life-threatening injuries. Police said he is cooperating with the investigation.
The person of interest is described as an Asian or Native American male in his early 20s with a long ponytail. He was wearing an Express jacket and yellow “L-A” hat.
One of the suspect vehicles is described as a black 1990-95 Honda Civic two-door with flat gray front and rear bumpers, and black and chrome after-market rims.
The second suspect vehicle is a lowered 1990-95 flat black or primer black Honda Civic two-door with black spoke rims, large chrome muffler, no front license plate, tinted rear windows and poor quality body work near the rear driver’s side wheel.
Police are asking anyone with information on the identify of the person of interest or the two cars to contact them at (206) 878-3301.