Police and firefighters responded before 7 a.m. to a report of a missing man likely in the water in Lake Union.
Rescuers are searching for a man reportedly missing in the water in Lake Union, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
Firefighters searched in vain for more than an hour early Sunday for the man, and then turned their efforts over to the Seattle Police Department.
Police officers and the Seattle Fire Department responded to a report of an adult male missing, and perhaps in the water, just before 7 a.m. near 1900 Westlake Ave. North. By 8:45, firefighters had handed over the investigation to police, the department said in a Tweet.
Most Read Local Stories
- The myth at the heart of the praying Bremerton coach case
- Renton man, teenage daughters starved to death, medical examiner determines
- What the weather has in store for Seattle's Fourth of July weekend
- Fire damages landmark Wayne Apartments in Belltown
- Shootings in Seattle are increasing. Shootings connected to homelessness are increasing faster