The Seattle Police Department’s Arson and Bomb Squad is responding to a report of a suspicious box in Fremont, according to police spokeswoman Renee Witt.
A passerby called 911 at 9:52 a.m. and alerted police to a suspicious, wooden box in the 800 block of North 34th Street, between Fremont and Troll Avenues North, Witt said.
“They’ll probably use the robot to determine what’s inside,” and if it’s dangerous, the squad “may blow it up there” or remove the box to another site to detonate it, she said.
The location is a couple blocks north of Lake Union and boaters are being advised to stay 300 feet off shore, Witt said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say