Police arrested four people suspected of stealing packages from front porches in West Seattle today.
Unfortunately for the suspects, witnesses got a good look at a man and a woman running in and out of a white Toyota van as they played Grinch, according to the Seattle Police Department.
The group was first reported taking a UPS package from a house on the 10000 block of 30th Avenue Southwest at about 11:43 a.m. A woman at the house saw a male running off with the package and get into the van.
At about 3:30 p.m., a woman was seen jumping out of the same van at a residence on the 1700 block of Sunset Avenue Southwest.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
An officer spotted the van just minutes later near 16th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Roxbury Street and pulled it over. Inside were three males, a female and several packages. The packages have since been returned, but officers are still trying to determine the real owners of a miscellaneous pile of objects also found in the van. Those have been impounded and taken to an evidence garage.
All four suspects have been booked into King County Jail in connection with the robberies and outstanding warrants, according to police.