Police are investigating assaults that happened near the University of Washington and in a Snohomish County park.
Police in Snohomish and Seattle are investigating two separate reports of sexual assault this week.
On Friday morning, a woman reported she was groped in the University District.
She was walking near Northeast 45th Street and University Way Northeast when a man approached and groped her. He then walked south on University Way.
She described the suspect to police as a white man with long brown hair and a long beard, between 30 to 40 years old, 5-foot-8, around 160 pounds and wearing a heavy brown or tan jacket.
Most Read Local Stories
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- Boy hurt in Seattle hit-run; his mother hopes sharing photos will keep the focus on finding the driver
- King County omicron cases decline as 'second chapter' of surge gains steam in Eastern Washington
- 23 charged with staging Tri-Cities car crashes in nearly $1M fraud ring
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
Officers were unable to find the suspect; the investigation is ongoing.
Police are asking that anyone who may have seen the suspect in the area or who might have information about this case to call 206-625-5011.
On Wednesday morning, a woman told the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office that a man with a knife had tried to rape her in Meadowdale Park near Lynnwood. The man fled on foot; authorities conducted an unsuccessful search.
Police described the man as white, between 30 and 40 years old, with a thick build, and taller than 6 feet. He was last seen wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, a baseball cap and a scarf.
The investigation is ongoing and there are no suspects. Authorities ask that anyone with information call 911 or the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office at 425-388-3393.