No details were immediately available about the victim or cause of death.
COUGAR, Wash. (AP) — Detectives are investigating after a body was found on a remote road near Mount St. Helens in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
KOMO-TV reports the body was found Thursday afternoon by Skamania County sheriff’s deputies after dispatchers received a call reporting suspicious circumstances about 6 miles (10 kilometers) east of the town of Cougar.
Skamania County Sheriff Dave Brown says evidence gathering and processing of the scene was happening Friday.
No other details were immediately available about the victim or cause of death.
Most Read Local Stories
- The Seattle area's five most-changed neighborhoods of the decade
- Seattle shrinking? Seattleites moved out in droves in 2020, though most didn't go far
- After fierce debate, Washington State Senate approves new tax on capital gains by one vote
- KOMO lays off employees amid national cuts at Sinclair
- Seattle's surveillance contractor has history of illegal sales, bribery, worrying privacy advocates
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/