A student at the Fairchild Air Force Base survival school is facing a criminal trespassing charge after he was arrested on the roof of a building in Spokane.
SPOKANE — A student at the Fairchild Air Force Base survival school is facing a criminal trespassing charge after he was arrested on the roof of a building in Spokane.
The Spokesman-Review reports 22-year-old Jason R. Turkovich was found hiding on the roof early Saturday. He was cited for the misdemeanor charge and released into the Air Force’s custody, where he could face discipline.
Spokesman-Review photo archivist Audrey Connor lives in the building and says she woke up to see a man standing in her doorway. He left when she screamed, but tried to re-enter the building a short time later.
Fairchild public affairs chief Capt. David Liapis says it is his understanding that Turkovich was “roof running” when he tried to get out of the rain and into the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fentanyl smoke delays Seattle light-rail train, officials say
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- Catholic health care restrictions lead WA Legislature to eye changes
- Seattle City Council turnover raises troubling questions
- Rescuers scramble in Turkey, Syria after quake kills 4,000