Snohomish County sheriff’s investigators believe a body pulled Wednesday from a Lynnwood-area lake is that of a man who escaped from authorities three days earlier following a car chase.
The police pursuit began just before midnight on Sunday as sheriff’s deputies and the State Patrol tried to pull over a silver Honda Accord being driven recklessly. The chase started in South Everett and eventually ended in the 1200 block of North Lake Stickney Drive, near Lake Stickney. The driver of the Accord bailed from the car and ran off.
Deputies searched for the man using a police dog, but didn’t find him.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
The body pulled from Lake Stickney on Wednesday matches the description of the man who fled from authorities, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The man is from the Spokane area and was wanted on an outstanding warrant for escape issued by the state Department of Corrections.
Identification and cause of death will be made by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.