Vancouver police have arrested a man after he was accused of running naked through the streets with a knife.
VANCOUVER, Wash. — Vancouver police have arrested a man after he was accused of running naked through the streets with a knife.
The Vancouver Columbian reports that police responded Sunday afternoon after a caller said his son tried to stab him. The unclothed suspect then left the house with a 4-inch kitchen knife.
When police arrived on scene, the suspect had barricaded himself inside a home in Vancouver’s Ogden neighborhood.
Vancouver police, on-duty SWAT officers, a K-9 unit and hostage negotiators were deployed to the scene where they spent about two hours in a standoff with the man. Police say He was later arrested on investigation of assault. He was booked into the Clark County Jail.
Most Read Local Stories
- Logs jam at Highway 2 trestle in Everett as impacts from Western Washington flooding continue VIEW
- Missing Moses Lake hiker not found at cabin in North Cascades, family fears the worst
- 8 people tied up, 2 sexually assaulted in robbery at Bob's Burgers in SeaTac, police say
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war
- Affirmative action debate in Washington takes an Orwellian turn | Naomi Ishisaka
Police say no one was injured during the incident.