Seattle police arrested a young couple who each allegedly punched a woman during a bizarre altercation outside a Belltown nightclub early Saturday morning.
The 21-year-old man and his girlfriend, each convicted felons, were booked into King County Jail on investigation of assault and illegally possessing a handgun, according to an item posted on the Seattle Police Department Blotter.
The incident started a little before 2:30 a.m. when the man approached another woman outside the club in the 100 block of Bell Street, according to police. That angered his girlfriend, leading her to punch the other woman.
“While they were fighting, the male apparently decided he was no longer romantically interested in the victim, and he too punched the victim in the face,” police said.
During the fight, a gun apparently fell out of the man’s sweatpants, and his girlfriend allegedly picked it up and pointed it at the victim, police said.
It’s illegal for a convicted felon to possess a firearm.
Police recovered the gun and arrested the couple.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm