The Pierce County prosecutor says a sheriff's deputy was justified in fatally shooting a man last October in Tacoma.
The Pierce County prosecutor says a sheriff’s deputy was justified in fatally shooting a man last October in Tacoma.
Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said Wednesday that Aaron Michael Westby claimed to have a gun and refused to get out of a stolen truck. A Taser had no effect on Westby and when he reached under the dashboard, the deputy fired.
No gun was found in the truck.
The autopsy showed Westby had a high concentration of methamphetamine in his blood at the time of his death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness