A 51-year-old Monroe woman was struck and killed by an SUV late Tuesday on Highway 522 near Echo Lake Road.
Alicia Barragan Chavez had parked her car on the westbound shoulder of the highway shortly before 10:30 p.m., according to a press release from the Washington State Patrol. She crossed both lanes of traffic on foot, attempting to retrieve some lost belongings.
She was struck by an eastbound Audi SUV.
Most Read Local Stories
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Teens arrested in connection with fatal drive-by shooting in Burien identified through school surveillance footage