A 51-year-old Monroe woman was struck and killed by an SUV late Tuesday on Highway 522 near Echo Lake Road.
Alicia Barragan Chavez had parked her car on the westbound shoulder of the highway shortly before 10:30 p.m., according to a press release from the Washington State Patrol. She crossed both lanes of traffic on foot, attempting to retrieve some lost belongings.
She was struck by an eastbound Audi SUV.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police seize guns, samurai sword from accused stalker; suspect charged with perjury for lying to police
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum salmon and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Alaska Airlines starts taking reservations for flights out of Everett's Paine Field
- UW will shutter Mount Baker laundry, putting nearly 100 employees out of work