A 51-year-old Monroe woman was struck and killed by an SUV late Tuesday on Highway 522 near Echo Lake Road.
Alicia Barragan Chavez had parked her car on the westbound shoulder of the highway shortly before 10:30 p.m., according to a press release from the Washington State Patrol. She crossed both lanes of traffic on foot, attempting to retrieve some lost belongings.
She was struck by an eastbound Audi SUV.
Most Read Local Stories
- Flight to Seattle diverted after severe turbulence; 5 injured
- Snow emergency declared in East King County, as thaw continues in rest of region VIEW
- No more snow for Seattle, and a dry weekend ahead — but the cold could still complicate things
- Crews will begin to crunch the Alaskan Way Viaduct into 3-inch chunks this week WATCH
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say