Deputies were dispatched to the scene just after 5 p.m. and found the victim unconscious, said King County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott.
A 72-year-old man was transported to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition Monday after the driver of a pickup truck struck him near the Angle Lake light-rail station, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies were dispatched to the scene just after 5 p.m. and found the victim unconscious, said King County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott. Detectives do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved, Abbott said.
Abbott said it appears the driver, who is 25, was turning left onto 28th Avenue South from the Chevron station across the street from the light-rail stop. The pedestrian was not in a crosswalk, Abbott said. Train passengers sometimes cross the street in that area when leaving the light-rail station, he said.
Detectives were still on the scene investigating at around 8 p.m., Abbott said.
Most Read Local Stories
- It's austere and uncomfortable. That's precisely the reason the 'Portland Loo' is finding a home in King County VIEW
- Bellevue High student sues district after he was disciplined for questioning debate club election
- Northwest-based ATF supervisor with Nazi tattoo discriminated against black agent, lawsuit claims
- Life after deportation: A family with roots in the Seattle region starts over in Mexico VIEW
- Fall is here — and this week's Seattle weather will certainly feel like it