The Associated Press
Patrick Dempsey says he wants to rescue a coffee house chain and more than 500 jobs.
The “Grey’s Anatomy” star said Wednesday he’s leading a group attempting to buy Tully’s Coffee. The Seattle-based company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
Dempsey said he’s excited about the chance to help hundreds of workers and give back to Seattle.
The actor has a strong TV tie to the city: He plays Dr. Derek Shepherd on “Grey’s Anatomy,” the ABC drama set at fictional Seattle Grace Hospital.
Tully’s has 47 company-run stores in Washington and California, as well as five franchised stores and 58 licensed locations in the U.S.
Any sale would have to be approved by a judge. A bankruptcy court hearing is set for Jan. 11 in Seattle.