A patient at Western State Hospital was found dead inside a portable toilet on Thursday morning.
A patient at Western State Hospital who was reported missing on Wednesday was found dead inside a portable toilet on Thursday morning.
Hospital staff had last seen the man in his 30s was walking around the grounds of the Lakewood hospital on Wednesday afternoon.
When he was not back in his housing unit by 8 p.m., staff went to look for him. They contacted Lakewood police around 8:30 p.m. to report him missing, said police Lt. John Unfred.
Another patient found him dead in the portable toilet at 8 a.m. Thursday morning, Unfred said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Bernie Sanders tells big Tacoma Dome crowd the Democratic establishment 'should be getting nervous' VIEW
- Hostages rescued and freed, 16-hour standoff with armed man in Issaquah ends in flames
- Take Space Needle out of Seattle’s skyline and most think we’re a certain no-nonsense Midwest city WATCH
- Where others failed, now Amazon is taking up the case against the president
- King County wants to shoot fireworks at bald eagles WATCH
“There is nothing suspicious at this point,” Unfred said, adding “there are no signs of foul play or signs of suicide.”
The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death. Unfred did not identify the man.