A group of 5 or six orcas were surfacing and spouting in Puget Sound between Seattle and Bainbridge Island late this morning.
Our photographer Ken Lambert was a long way from the orcas and laments not being to get a more detailed photo. He used a 400mm lens with a 1.4 extender just to get this pix.
KING5 has a video of the orca show.
About a dozen people at Alki are brandishing binoculars as they try for a better view of the critters which were about a mile west of Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fentanyl smoke delays Seattle light-rail train, officials say
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- Catholic health care restrictions lead WA Legislature to eye changes
- Seattle City Council turnover raises troubling questions
- Rescuers scramble in Turkey, Syria after quake kills 4,000