A group of 5 or six orcas were surfacing and spouting in Puget Sound between Seattle and Bainbridge Island late this morning.
Our photographer Ken Lambert was a long way from the orcas and laments not being to get a more detailed photo. He used a 400mm lens with a 1.4 extender just to get this pix.
KING5 has a video of the orca show.
About a dozen people at Alki are brandishing binoculars as they try for a better view of the critters which were about a mile west of Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness