The vehicle collided with a utility pole, causing it to split, according to Everett police.
Two people, including a toddler, were killed and two others were injured in a one-car crash in Everett on Sunday morning.
The incident occurred around 9:14 a.m., when a car traveling eastbound on 112th Street Southwest lost control while passing through the intersection with Evergreen Way and crashed into a tree and power pole, according to a statement posted online by the Everett Police Department.
A man was found dead on the road as a result of the crash, while another man was also found on the road with serious injuries, the statement said. A woman found in the front passenger seat of the car was seriously hurt. A young girl in the back seat received CPR on-site, but she later died of her injuries at a hospital. Witnesses said the car was speeding, and the crash caused it to break apart, it said.
Detectives are looking into whether alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle Schools demotes Cleveland principal after she told families district would limit contact tracing, attorney says
- Reduced summer hours at Seattle Golden Gardens, Alki Beach to curb 'dangerous' and 'illegal' behavior
- Sen. Murray draws 17 challengers in WA state primary as filing deadline closes
- From 'MAGA Republicans' to a $30 minimum wage, the political parties seem headed for a crackup
- Seattle's I-5 lane closures start this weekend; traffic jams also ahead in Montlake, Mountlake Terrace