A 21-year-old Renton man is dead and two others were injured after the black BMW they were in crashed head-on into a jersey barrier on Northeast 6th Street at Interstate 405 in Bellevue just after midnight on Saturday.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the car driven by a 31-year-old Renton man failed to negotiate a curve and struck the barrier. The driver was taken to Harborview Medical Center. The 21-year-old man died at the scene. A 19-year-old Renton woman was also injured and taken to Overlake Hospital Medical Center.
The State Patrol is investigating and said drugs or alcohol were involved.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration