One person died in a two-car collision on the 12000 block of Juanita Drive Northeast in Kirkland Tuesday night, according to the Kirkland Police Department.
Just before 9 p.m. a southbound vehicle crossed the center line and struck a northbound vehicle with four people inside, according to police spokesman Sgt. Rob Saloum. One person died in the northbound vehicle and three others had to be pulled from it by the Kirkland Fire Department.
Two of those pulled from the vehicle and the driver of the southbound vehicle were sent to Harborview Medical Center, Saloum said. One other was sent to EvergreenHealth hospital in Kirkland.
Saloum said witness reports and evidence gathered at the scene have prompted police to investigate whether the southbound driver was drunk.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
He also said that the crash site on Juanita Drive Northeast, south of Holmes Point Drive, will remain closed for several more hours as the investigation continues.