The driver went off the road and then crossed the center line, according to Washington State Patrol.
Update, 9:20 p.m.
State Route 510 has reopened, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
A woman was killed, and Highway 510 is currently blocked near the Nisqually Red Wind Casino in Thurston County, after the woman’s vehicle crossed the center line and struck three other vehicles, according to the Washington State Patrol.
One other person was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries, said State Patrol spokeswoman Trooper Johnna Batiste.
Most Read Local Stories
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- Beacon Hill resident reports guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition stolen; police searching for suspected thief
Batiste said troopers believe the woman’s car left the roadway as she was traveling west, before she swerved back, crossed the center line and hit three eastbound vehicles. Batiste did not immediately know how many passengers were in any of the other vehicles.
State Patrol troopers and the state Department of Transportation are on the scene to clear the area and set up a detour.
A medical examiner will identify the driver.