The driver went off the road and then crossed the center line, according to Washington State Patrol.
Update, 9:20 p.m.
State Route 510 has reopened, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
A woman was killed, and Highway 510 is currently blocked near the Nisqually Red Wind Casino in Thurston County, after the woman’s vehicle crossed the center line and struck three other vehicles, according to the Washington State Patrol.
One other person was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries, said State Patrol spokeswoman Trooper Johnna Batiste.
Most Read Local Stories
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Hoping for no snow? King and Snohomish counties could see some Wednesday.
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
Batiste said troopers believe the woman’s car left the roadway as she was traveling west, before she swerved back, crossed the center line and hit three eastbound vehicles. Batiste did not immediately know how many passengers were in any of the other vehicles.
State Patrol troopers and the state Department of Transportation are on the scene to clear the area and set up a detour.
A medical examiner will identify the driver.