COUGAR, Wash. (AP) — Authorities are searching for an Ohio man who failed to return from a planned hike near Mount St. Helens in Washington state.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says friends last saw Matthew B. Matheny at 7 a.m. Thursday, when he borrowed a car and headed to the Blue Lake Trail. The 40-year-old is from Warren, Ohio.
A sheriff’s deputy found the borrowed Subaru Outback at the trailhead on Saturday, but there’s been no sign of Matheny. He’s described as white, 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes, possibly wearing a gray Cleveland Browns sweatshirt.
The sheriff’s office is asking anyone who may have seen Matheny to get in touch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Teens arrested in connection with fatal drive-by shooting in Burien identified through school surveillance footage