COUGAR, Wash. (AP) — Authorities are searching for an Ohio man who failed to return from a planned hike near Mount St. Helens in Washington state.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says friends last saw Matthew B. Matheny at 7 a.m. Thursday, when he borrowed a car and headed to the Blue Lake Trail. The 40-year-old is from Warren, Ohio.
A sheriff’s deputy found the borrowed Subaru Outback at the trailhead on Saturday, but there’s been no sign of Matheny. He’s described as white, 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes, possibly wearing a gray Cleveland Browns sweatshirt.
The sheriff’s office is asking anyone who may have seen Matheny to get in touch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington state senator draws anger after saying nurses probably spend time playing cards
- Mayor Durkan asks state to investigate why Yakima County Jail inmates were released into downtown Seattle parking lot WATCH
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next