COUGAR, Wash. (AP) — Authorities are searching for an Ohio man who failed to return from a planned hike near Mount St. Helens in Washington state.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says friends last saw Matthew B. Matheny at 7 a.m. Thursday, when he borrowed a car and headed to the Blue Lake Trail. The 40-year-old is from Warren, Ohio.
A sheriff’s deputy found the borrowed Subaru Outback at the trailhead on Saturday, but there’s been no sign of Matheny. He’s described as white, 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes, possibly wearing a gray Cleveland Browns sweatshirt.
The sheriff’s office is asking anyone who may have seen Matheny to get in touch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Map: Kim Schrier won big in King County suburbs, even in Dino Rossi's neighborhood
- Bike-share company Lime launching car-rental service in Seattle
- Hate crimes skyrocket across the nation, almost double in Seattle over the past year
- Seattle Public Schools makes progress but doesn't meet most improvement goals in latest scorecard
- State drops charges against Tacos Guaymas owner accused of tax theft