CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — The body of a 66-year-old Brownsville woman was found more than a week after her pickup truck went into the Willamette River near Corvallis.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Suzanne Durheim’s body was recovered Tuesday afternoon about a mile downstream from where the truck was located.
Durheim disappeared on her way to work in Corvallis Jan. 7.
Investigators believe she veered off the road because of icy conditions that morning.
Most Read Local Stories
- West Coast cities start to confront the limits of the liberal dream
- Redmond shooting puts neighborhood on lockdown
- Man shot to death in Seattle's Central District; suspect at large
- Puget Sound orcas beat up and even kill porpoises, new research reveals. But why?
- Seattle hits new high for people who've never married
Search crews and dive teams searched for her throughout the week.