BEND, Ore. (AP) — Deschutes County officials say a woman killed by gunfire Saturday in a Bend apartment and the man arrested in connection with her death were on a first date when she was killed.
The Bulletin reports 36-year-old Alan Porciello remains in jail, indicted on charges manslaughter and unlawful use of a weapon in connection with the death of 37-year-old Jenny Cashwell.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says Cashwell and Porciello had connected through the dating website PlentyOfFish and had communicated several times before agreeing to meet in person for the first time Saturday.
He says Cashwell picked up Porciello at his apartment and they went hiking at Pine Nursery Park Trail before returning to the apartment. That’s when authorities say Porciello shot Cashwell and called 911.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Inslee: As coronavirus hospitalizations increase, Washington could face 'catastrophic loss of medical care'
- Households, workplaces and social gatherings most likely to spread coronavirus in King County, report says
- What’s next for the Elephant Car Wash’s neon pink sign now that it’s left Denny Way VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
Hummel says investigators were still working to determine what led up to her death.
Information from: The Bulletin, http://www.bendbulletin.com