A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Trump: NFL should suspend Oakland Raiders' Marshawn Lynch
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.