Big Baloo's scratch was caught on a Department of Fish and Wildlife trail camera.
A particularly large (around the waist) black bear got one last back scratch against a tree before winter hibernation.
Luckily for us, big Baloo did it right in front of a Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife camera in its Okanogan district.
Just the bare necessities:
Most Read Local Stories
- 2 dead in White Center shooting, and father of man killed near CHOP is among the injured
- Supersoaker weather drama ahead for Seattle area
- A man is caught stealing 32 pieces of wood in Shoreline. As lumber prices increase, theft may follow
- Washington vaccine lottery winner says he got lucky — first, by not getting COVID-19 and then by winning $250,000
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 11: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world