ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a 69-year-old Texas man died in a helicopter crash in southwestern Oregon.
The Mail Tribune reports Timothy Bruce Lyons, of Port Bolivar, Texas, was the only person on board the helicopter when it crashed Wednesday outside of Ashland.
Federal Aviation Administration public affairs manager Ian Gregor says the Bell 206 helicopter crashed under unknown circumstances in a heavily wooded area.
Aircraft company Erickson Incorporated’s Chief of Staff Chris Schuldt confirmed Thursday it was a company helicopter on a routine training flight. The company reported it missing Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Local Stories
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- 23 charged with staging Tri-Cities car crashes in nearly $1M fraud ring
- Why a giant fog cloud is parked over Seattle area, and when it will clear
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
- King County omicron cases decline as 'second chapter' of surge gains steam in Eastern Washington
The FAA says the aircraft departed from the Medford airport at about 8:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Search crews located the crash site and confirmed one fatality.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/