ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a 69-year-old Texas man died in a helicopter crash in southwestern Oregon.
The Mail Tribune reports Timothy Bruce Lyons, of Port Bolivar, Texas, was the only person on board the helicopter when it crashed Wednesday outside of Ashland.
Federal Aviation Administration public affairs manager Ian Gregor says the Bell 206 helicopter crashed under unknown circumstances in a heavily wooded area.
Aircraft company Erickson Incorporated’s Chief of Staff Chris Schuldt confirmed Thursday it was a company helicopter on a routine training flight. The company reported it missing Wednesday afternoon.
Most Read Local Stories
- It's not just Sammamish, we're going back in time on LGBTQ+ equality
- Alex Pedersen proposes capital gains tax in Seattle
- Seattle City Council narrowly rejects drug prosecution bill VIEW
- Virginia Mason hospital confirms 2 more deaths among infected patients
- Girl, 10, found after 24 hours lost in Kittitas County wilderness
The FAA says the aircraft departed from the Medford airport at about 8:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Search crews located the crash site and confirmed one fatality.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/