HOOD RIVER, Ore. (AP) — A tanker truck slid out of control amid snowy conditions on Interstate 84 between Cascade Locks and Hood River and spilled 2,500 gallons of diesel fuel onto the roadway.
Oregon State Police said Monday that the driver was going too fast for the snowy conditions.
The driver was not injured.
Lieutenant Cari Boyd says some diesel spilled into a pond abutting the Columbia River on the north side of the freeway.
Most Read Local Stories
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
- Alaska and United are cleared for departure out of Everett's Paine Field in March
- Cost of Washington's measles outbreak tops $1 million; expected to climb higher
- Howard Schultz didn't vote on latest Seattle school levies
A contractor has been hired to do environmental clean-up.