MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — A Mt. Ashland ski patrol member who died while skiing on the south end of the mountain has been identified.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office on Sunday identifies him at 23-year-old Johnathan Patrick Likeke Walker.
The Mail Tribune reports he was skiing with a group of ski patrol members just outside the ski area boundaries Saturday when he reportedly struck a tree.
Ski patrol members took him back up the slope to the ski area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's 'unspoken' rules: No umbrellas, no honking and more
- Rising rents push Seattle residents farther into suburbs
- Judge rules BNSF intentionally violated terms of easement with Swinomish tribe
- Seattle Audubon unveils new name after severing tie to slave owner
- Miami Seaquarium, owner of NFL's Colts tease announcement about last Puget Sound orca in captivity
The Jackson County Medical Examiner’s office is expected to conduct an autopsy Monday.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/