The Seattle man fell near the summit of Mount Hood.
A 32-year-old Seattle man died after falling hundreds of feet Sunday morning on a steep climbing face of the Oregon’s Mount Hood, according to The Oregonian. He was reportedly 650 feet from the summit in the so-called “Hogsback” area.
Deputies from the Clackamas County search and rescue team responded, along with members of the volunteer organizations Mount Hood Ski Patrol and Portland Mountain Rescue.
A helicopter from the Oregon Air National Guard flew the man to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The man’s identity had not been released Sunday night.
No other details were available Sunday night, according Deputy Hayden Sanders of the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office.
Most Read Local Stories
- Redmond facility pushes limit on how much can fit under one roof
- 2 pedestrians killed in Seattle crashes, raising concerns as traffic fatalities rise
- Another government shutdown? Why politics got so broken, and how to fix it
- A double earthquake threat? Study finds 2 Seattle-area faults ripped about the same time
- Seattle police officer heard joking after woman's death has been taken off the streets