PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Portland man has been convicted of multiple sex crimes after luring a 15-year-old girl from a bus stop five years ago.
Multnomah County District Attorney’s spokesman Brent Weisberg said Friday that 54-year-old Anthony Curry forced the girl to pose for nude photos and dance naked in a strip club alongside adult women.
Prosecutors said during trial that Curry persuaded the girl to get into his car and then groomed her for human sex trafficking.
The girl testified against Curry in court that he got her a fake ID so she could enter strip clubs.
Most Read Local Stories
- Inslee: Washington state to lift COVID restrictions by June 30; right now, mask rules eased for vaccinated people
- Washington state diesel truck shop accused of tampering with hundreds of pickups to thwart emission controls
- When the International Space Station passes over Seattle this weekend, you'll have plenty of chances to see it
- UW researchers think a fish might be the answer to treating mood disorders, addiction
- Inslee vetoes 2030 target for electric vehicles set by Washington Legislature
The jury found him guilty of rape, sodomy, compelling prostitution, using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct, attempting to use a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct and attempting to promote prostitution.
A previous version of this story incorrectly stated Curry was acquitted of sodomy. He was acquitted of one count of sodomy but found guilty of other counts.