PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A babysitter who raped or molested two young sisters has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 24-year-old Zachary Turner of Portland was sentenced Friday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
Turner started babysitting the girls when they were both younger than 5. Court papers say he babysat for them for the next six years, when he was 15 to 21 years old.
A probable cause affidavit says after Turner stopped babysitting, their mother heard from a relative that Turner had abused her daughters.
Most Read Local Stories
- West Coast cities start to confront the limits of the liberal dream
- Redmond shooting puts neighborhood on lockdown
- Man shot to death in Seattle's Central District; suspect at large
- Puget Sound orcas beat up and even kill porpoises, new research reveals. But why?
- Seattle hits new high for people who've never married
The affidavit says last February their mother took them to a child-abuse assessment center where the sisters both described Turner touching them or forcing them to perform sex acts on him.
In December he pleaded guilty to rape, sodomy, attempted sodomy and sexual abuse.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com