PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A babysitter who raped or molested two young sisters has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 24-year-old Zachary Turner of Portland was sentenced Friday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
Turner started babysitting the girls when they were both younger than 5. Court papers say he babysat for them for the next six years, when he was 15 to 21 years old.
A probable cause affidavit says after Turner stopped babysitting, their mother heard from a relative that Turner had abused her daughters.
Most Read Local Stories
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
The affidavit says last February their mother took them to a child-abuse assessment center where the sisters both described Turner touching them or forcing them to perform sex acts on him.
In December he pleaded guilty to rape, sodomy, attempted sodomy and sexual abuse.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com