PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police have identified a man who died after being shot by a security guard at a Southeast Portland strip club.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 42-year-old Eugene Pharr Jr. died at a hospital after he was shot around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of Dream On Saloon.
Portland police haven’t named the security guard or announced charges. Police say the guard surrendered the gun and is cooperating with the investigation.
According to police, witnesses reported an altercation after Pharr and Henry McCollum approached the security guard. The guard shot Pharr, who then ran away with McCollum.
Most Read Local Stories
- Biden to give away 400 million N95 masks starting next week
- Driver arrested after video shows Jeep plowing into Seattle snowball fight, police say
- Several families still unable to return to Bellevue street where hill gave way, house slid
- When the Seattle area's stretch of dry, mild weather could end
- Washingtonians will soon be able to order free rapid COVID tests through new state website
Police have not said what caused the altercation.
McCollum was arrested and booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on suspicion of first- and second-degree robbery and other charges.
It wasn’t immediately known if McCollum had obtained a lawyer.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com