PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police have identified a man who died after being shot by a security guard at a Southeast Portland strip club.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 42-year-old Eugene Pharr Jr. died at a hospital after he was shot around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of Dream On Saloon.
Portland police haven’t named the security guard or announced charges. Police say the guard surrendered the gun and is cooperating with the investigation.
According to police, witnesses reported an altercation after Pharr and Henry McCollum approached the security guard. The guard shot Pharr, who then ran away with McCollum.
Most Read Local Stories
- Lewallen emerges as GOP alternative to Kent in rematch with Gluesenkamp Perez
- Iranian American lawmaker in WA says disinformation led to death threat
- Sunny, cool week to come, with 'minor disturbance' Monday
- WA minimum wage to increase to $16.28 an hour next year
- Lessons from George Floyd's death prepare WA court for police murder trial
Police have not said what caused the altercation.
McCollum was arrested and booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on suspicion of first- and second-degree robbery and other charges.
It wasn’t immediately known if McCollum had obtained a lawyer.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com