MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — A licensed Oregon marijuana grower has filed a $17-million lawsuit against eight men convicted or charged with violently robbing him.
The Mail Tribune reports James Bowman’s lawsuit says he was severely injured by eight men wearing Ninja Turtles masks who stormed his home in December 2016.
The lawsuit describes how he was tied up, beaten and tortured. The men beat him with firewood, a crowbar, their fists and power tools. The lawsuit says they burned his naked body with a butane torch until it ran out of fuel. They burrowed a drill into his hip until the battery died.
Three men were sent to prison for burglary, two were sentenced to probation and three others have yet to make court appearances. They haven’t yet formally replied to the lawsuit.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Nov. 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Undetermined: A suspicious death at Green Lake, an investigation's limits VIEW
- Magic mushrooms for Washington patients? New push aims to speed psilocybin to those who are dying
- Police arrest resident suspected in fatal stabbing of housing case manager at Belltown facility
- Loren Culp, refusing to concede Washington gubernatorial race, turns on top Republicans