MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — A licensed Oregon marijuana grower has filed a $17-million lawsuit against eight men convicted or charged with violently robbing him.
The Mail Tribune reports James Bowman’s lawsuit says he was severely injured by eight men wearing Ninja Turtles masks who stormed his home in December 2016.
The lawsuit describes how he was tied up, beaten and tortured. The men beat him with firewood, a crowbar, their fists and power tools. The lawsuit says they burned his naked body with a butane torch until it ran out of fuel. They burrowed a drill into his hip until the battery died.
Three men were sent to prison for burglary, two were sentenced to probation and three others have yet to make court appearances. They haven’t yet formally replied to the lawsuit.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man dies after bus hits his car on I-90 near North Bend
- Itchy eyes and scratchy throat? Welcome to Western Washington's tree-pollen allergy season
- Canadian company applies for permit for exploratory mining in headwaters of Skagit River
- Tri-Cities rancher says blizzard killed 29 cows, but deputies suspect he let them starve
- After infighting at Seattle's tiny-house villages, activist leaders get the boot