PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is offering free general admission to furloughed federal employees and their families during the government shutdown.
OMSI said Tuesday it is joining other Oregon venues offering free admission to those employees, including the Oregon Zoo, the Portland Japanese Garden, the Oregon Historical Society and the Portland Art Museum.
The offer is good for up to four people.
It also applies to furloughed federal contractors.
Most Read Local Stories
- Kirkland ranked third-best place to live in U.S. by Money magazine
- Will the GOP send migrant buses to Seattle next? I vote yes
- Researchers warn of mental health risks of high-potency cannabis
- Seattle to stay smoky amid record heat, low rainfall
- Following dramatic jump in traffic deaths, Pierce County seeks change
To receive free admission, furloughed employees must show their federal ID or badge at the front desk.