SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A Salem, Oregon, man was sentenced to 90 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to first-degree animal neglect for his role in the death of a starving Pomeranian named “Chewy.”
The Statesman Journal reports that 47-year-old James Arthur Craver Jr. admitted to failing to provide minimum care for the dog and was sentenced Monday.
He also pleaded guilty to DUI charges in a separate case.
Craver is prohibited from possessing a domestic animal for the next five years.
Most Read Local Stories
- Researchers warn of mental health risks of high-potency cannabis
- Buttigieg wades into Northwest salmon transportation
- Seattle to score another warm and sunny weekend
- Kirkland ranked third-best place to live in U.S. by Money magazine
- Judge: Facebook intentionally violated WA campaign finance law 822 times