ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police say a man fired a gun as he was pursued by officers.
The man could not be found after an extensive late-night search.
Anchorage television station KTVA reports police on Tuesday night received a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Gambell Street.
Shortly after 9 p.m., officers spotted a suspect walking. The man fired a gun and fled.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Flight to Seattle diverted after severe turbulence; 5 injured
- Snow emergency declared in East King County, as thaw continues in rest of region VIEW
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Meet the many unsung heroes of the Seattle Snowpocalypse WATCH
Police responded with a SWAT team and told residents nearby to stay inside homes.
Police searched for about six hours and called off the search just after 3 a.m. Wednesday.