ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police say a man fired a gun as he was pursued by officers.
The man could not be found after an extensive late-night search.
Anchorage television station KTVA reports police on Tuesday night received a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Gambell Street.
Shortly after 9 p.m., officers spotted a suspect walking. The man fired a gun and fled.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- COVID's invisible toll on Seattle's trans community
Police responded with a SWAT team and told residents nearby to stay inside homes.
Police searched for about six hours and called off the search just after 3 a.m. Wednesday.