ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police say a man fired a gun as he was pursued by officers.
The man could not be found after an extensive late-night search.
Anchorage television station KTVA reports police on Tuesday night received a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Gambell Street.
Shortly after 9 p.m., officers spotted a suspect walking. The man fired a gun and fled.
Most Read Local Stories
- Amazon lost the Seattle City Council elections after a $1 million power play. Will it see a new head tax?
- Seattle Children's hospital again closes some operating rooms because of mold
- A hidden injustice: Solitary confinement in Washington state prisons | Naomi Ishisaka
- Socialist Kshama Sawant declares victory in Seattle City Council race VIEW
- Outside of Seattle, homelessness drives change at the ballot box
Police responded with a SWAT team and told residents nearby to stay inside homes.
Police searched for about six hours and called off the search just after 3 a.m. Wednesday.