ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police say a man fired a gun as he was pursued by officers.
The man could not be found after an extensive late-night search.
Anchorage television station KTVA reports police on Tuesday night received a report of shots fired in the 1100 block of Gambell Street.
Shortly after 9 p.m., officers spotted a suspect walking. The man fired a gun and fled.
Most Read Local Stories
- A year after officials called off search for hiker Sam Sayers, her mother is still looking
- Elizabeth Warren's Sunday town hall is moved to Seattle Center
- Washington drivers who break "Move Over Law" could face $214 ticket this weekend — here's a refresher on the law
- 'It's going to be a long four years': Our state's pecking-order politics needs a shake-up | Danny Westneat
- Capital One hacking suspect, a transgender Seattle woman, is denied request to be moved from men's prison
Police responded with a SWAT team and told residents nearby to stay inside homes.
Police searched for about six hours and called off the search just after 3 a.m. Wednesday.