POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) — An eastern Idaho teacher has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of sexually abusing a first-grade boy ten years ago.
The Idaho State Journal reports the teacher, 46-year-old Tiffany Marie Petersen of Pocatello, has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Her attorney, Shane Reichert, could not be immediately reached for comment.
All documents in the case other than the indictment have been sealed by the judge, and authorities have not released any details about the allegations.
Petersen is a teacher at Syringa Elementary School in Pocatello, and she is currently on administrative leave. In the indictment the grand jury contends the abuse occurred at Washington Elementary School starting in 2008.
Most Read Local Stories
- Birders flock to 520 bridge to catch glimpse of rare visitor
- Snoqualmie Tribe says Forterra misled it, feds in $20M grant application
- Bodies, majority of wreckage recovered from Whidbey Island plane crash
- Seattle among U.S. cities with biggest drops in gym memberships
- 5 additional bodies recovered from Whidbey Island floatplane crash
Petersen is also named as a defendant along with the school district in a civil lawsuit filed last year by the child’s parents.
Information from: Idaho State Journal, http://www.journalnet.com